Union Square | Blind Tasting Workshop SeriesJanuary 25 2022 | 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
13 E. 13th Street, New York 10003
Join Laura Fiorvanti, for a Blind Tasting Workshop! This series pack is a great way to learn to assess wine, preparing for exams for CMS-A, WSET, Institute of Masters of Wine, or to become more confident in understanding and identifying the components of wine, and describing those elements. We will hone your deductive tasting skills and teach you how to tell the difference between classic grape varietals, regions, winemaking, quality, and age based on three elements of wine: sight, nose, and palate.
The series includes three in person classes.
Class #1 January 25th, 2022 1-3 pm
Testable for MS/MW/CMS/WSET students, we will explore 2 flights of 4 wines with two separate themes:
1) Aromatic grape varieties from around the world
2) Neutral whites without oak from around the world
Class #2 February 1st, 2022 1-3 pm
Testable for MS/MW/CMS/WSET students, we will explore winemaking and impact aromas:
1) Red wines with varying degrees and types of oak-aging; unoaked, American oak, French oak, and used oak
2) Red wines that have the following; pyrazines, rotundone, thiols, and terpenes
Class #3 February 8th, 2022 1-3 pm
Understanding price points in wine:
We will taste blind 8 wines; 2 whites, and 6 reds from around the world in pairs:
1) Old World 2) New World 3) Value 4) Splurge
Please note: Guests must show proof of TWO DOSES (except for J&J) vaccination via vaccine card or NYC Excelsior Pass PLUS to attend class or access any indoor spaces.