Corkbuzz Online | Wine 101December 9 2020 | 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Believe it or not, wine doesn’t have to be unapproachable, and you don’t have to know everything about it to enjoy it OR to start studying it. But we do believe that having even a small amount of knowledge increases your enjoyment and allows you to shop with confidence. In this introductory class, we explore the basics of wine, to help you establish a better foundation for future wine knowledge. Join us as we talk through our favorite varietals to explore a range of wine regions, and styles. Topics include wine storage; decanting; how climate affects wine; the elements of wine; common grape varietals and wine regions; wine production; serving wine; wine and food pairings… and more! Whether you’re a wine novice or a wine aficionado, this class is the perfect introductory and refresher course for any wine lover.
Zoom links will be sent via email on the day of the class. Follow-up notes are sent the following day.
1. A crisp Sauvignon Blanc from Sancerre or New Zealand
2. An oaked Chardonnay from Burgundy, California, or Australia
3. An off-dry Riesling from Germany
4. A Pinot Noir from Burgundy, California, or Oregon
5. A Syrah from the Rhône Valley
6. Cabernet Sauvignon (single varietal or blend) from Bordeaux, California, Washington, or Australia